Get FIT Logo

Get FIT Logo
Discover the New You!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tis the Season 2B...?


Recently I attended an inspirational seminar where the speaker asked the question, “What do you notice in the room we sit in today?” Answers included paintings, chairs, tables, food, people, etc. The interesting thing is that no one mentioned the wall color.

I could understand if we’d have been in a beige, egg-shell kind of environment; however, the room was sprightly painted in hues of reds and yellows and seriously commanded attention. Yet, no one even thought to mention the wall color.

As I consider what the Christmas season means to me, my heart begins to reflect over the year. I think about the small hurdles and the oh sooooo LARGE leaps I chose to make. I ponder on misses… where I knew I’d missed it and that life indeed would be over because of it.

Each thing that comes before me is large and yet, once again, I miss the painting on the walls. This year has provided a remarkable opportunity for new friendships that feel like old family members, the healing of hurts and wounds where I thought I’d never grow.

I’ve experienced love like I never have before and even decided that yes – it’s actually OK to give love again because it’s a cyclical effect and will soon come back my way.

This year, as you consider what this season represents to you, I invite you into conversation with the “painting on the wall”.

* What relationships have you forged or even decided to let go, knowing that a release would create space for something bigger, better and purposeful for your life?

* What accomplishments can you celebrate that provided healing for your soul and spiritual being?

* How has life evolved for you in 2010?

The “painting on the wall” is the place of value that we often miss as we look for the impressive, the easily seen and the wonderful conversation pieces.

The place of value that I celebrate today nourishes my soul and makes me rich in love, community and faith.


Tis the Season,

Allyson Byrd
Creative Director
The Purpose Within
Email Me: allysonbyrd@thepurposewithin.com

**LIVE Thursday Night - Lynette Lewis Joins The Purpose Within**
Get Inspired.
Know Your Purpose.
Live Your Dreams.


Your Host: Allyson Byrd
Our Guest:
Lynette Lewis, Leadership and Inspirational Speaker
Best-Selling Author of Climbing the Ladder in Stilettos
www.lynettelewis.com

Space Is Limited! Call In Early!
LISTEN LIVE @ BLOGTALK RADIO
www.blogtalkradio.com/The-Purpose-Within
Date: December 17, 2009
Time: 9PM CST/10PM EST
or BY PHONE - Dial-in: (347) 857-4883
Cost: FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment