Get FIT Logo

Get FIT Logo
Discover the New You!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Gratitude of Joy


“Remember to say thank you. Doing so will create a joyful experience for you and those you appreciate.” Sandra Steen


Being thankful for the simple things and those who love us and those we love, brings us limitless joy. In a dark season of my life I decided to have a pity party. As the host I invited as many of my friends that I could get in touch with to attend. I was excited about crying, complaining, being hopeless, and worried about my future. To my surprise, my closest friend declined the invitation. She instead reminded me of all the many blessings bestowed upon me. She helped me to recall, through the memories we shared over the years, that magnifying this one dark season couldn’t compare to the joy I’ve experienced in my life. I’m thankful for her decision to skip that party. By so doing, I released my sorrow and embraced happiness and joy. I thanked her again for being my friend.
Maintaining a heart of gratitude toward God is easy when we are thankful for all the circumstances in life. There are a number of joy robbers we encounter in our life walk: fear, disappointment, or disillusionment, just to name a few. Holding on to your joy may be difficult through these seasons, but, God lovingly reminds us that weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

Purpose: Living life with a thankful heart will result in living a life of peace and joy.

Action: Thank God in everything and don’t forget to thank someone today.



August is Filled with Joy!

LISTEN LIVE @ BLOGCAST RADIO
www.blogtalkradio.com/The-Purpose-Within
Date: August 20, 2009
Time: 9PM CENTRAL
or BY PHONE - Dial-in: (347) 857-4883
Space Is Limited! Call In Early!

Cost: FREE!

Get Inspired!

Donna Pettigrew, Contributing Writer
Camille Turner-Mason
Editor-in-Chief
iRock Purpose Blogspot
Contact: camille@thepurposewithin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment