Get FIT Logo

Get FIT Logo
Discover the New You!

Monday, August 24, 2009

One Fail Proof Way to Stay Addicted—Be Committed!

Encouragement For Today

Lack is a joy robber that is committed to keeping you from your joy, but you must be committed to keep it. –Inspired by Sandra Steen’s book “Who Stole My Joy?”

This is especially for those who may be tangled in the stronghold of an addiction, from food to alcohol.

An addiction is a joy robber that causes us to live the complete opposite of the life God wants us to enjoy. I’ve been there. My commitment to the addiction was stronger than my desire to be free … down to the very last drop.

It was manageable at first because I could love it or leave it. For one or two hours, I used a quick fix remedy to escape the joy robbers within my journey. But like most things that are not to our advantage, it soon became a joy robber stealing the joy in my life. My commitment became cumbersome and the heaviest burden to carry.

Eventually my quality of life and relationships confirmed my commitment was a producer of lack: the lack of joy, love, and peace. I had to look up to God for His strength to help set me free from the heaviness. I knew deliverance would only come in the form of “this for that.” I chose to give Him my addiction and He gave me the joy of victory. I exchanged sorrow and defeat for a new commitment … the commitment to keep my joy. I’m now committed to encourage you so you might overcome the joy robber of a negative commitment. You’re not defeated. You too can find victory and begin to keep your joy. I believe in you!

Today, choose to be committed to stay addicted to JOY!


August is Filled with Joy!

LISTEN LIVE @ BLOGCAST RADIO
www.blogtalkradio.com/The-Purpose-Within
Date: September 10, 2009
Time: 9PM CENTRAL
or BY PHONE - Dial-in: (347) 857-4883
Space Is Limited! Call In Early!

Cost: FREE!

Get Inspired!

Donna Pettigrew, Contributing Writer
Camille Turner-Mason
Editor-in-Chief
iRock Purpose Blogspot
Contact: camille@thepurposewithin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment