Get FIT Logo

Get FIT Logo
Discover the New You!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Protecting My Identity


“Without joy in your life you are powerless.” –Joyce Meyer

I recently received a call from my bank asking me if I wanted identity protection on my account. That phone call caused me to think about my identity on a daily basis. The question that consistently came to mind was, “Who is responsible for protecting my identity?”
The answer was ME! This answer is obvious but is sometimes lost in midst of chaos and joy robbers.

I began to recall the many times that I am asked to show proof of identity.
I wondered what exactly are they looking for, what do they see?
Do I look like I feel?
Today I have nothing to be frustrated about, I feel great.
The picture on my identification shows me frustrated and irritated.
Is this truly proof of identity?
What can I do to protect my identity?

I have found that my identity is simply the original me that God created in the likeness of Him.

My identity is made up of those things that do not change about me; for example, your finger prints. No matter how large or small you are your finger print will never change because it’s a part of your identity.

We receive our identity while in our mother’s womb, but we allow joy robbers and chaos to steal our identities because we didn’t protect them. Choosing joy instead of making a comfy pallet for hindrances of fear, doubt, pity, frustration, and irritation will help in protecting our identities.
My greatest hindrance in the past has been fear. Fear has stopped me so many times in the past. Fear became so comfortable for me that I would actually be paralyzed by it. It was not until I began to understand the power in my choosing that I became free from fear. I understand now that choosing JOY over fear allows me to protect my identity and maintain peace in my atmosphere.

Purpose: Understanding that we are responsible for protecting our identities by the choices we make daily.

Action: Embrace the power you have to choose and when choosing be sure that you are choosing to protect your identity. Choose JOY not those things that try to hinder you daily.

August is Filled with Joy!

LISTEN LIVE @ BLOGCAST RADIO
www.blogtalkradio.com/The-Purpose-Within
Date: September 10, 2009
Time: 9PM CENTRAL
or BY PHONE - Dial-in: (347) 857-4883
Space Is Limited! Call In Early!

Cost: FREE!

Get Inspired!

Taffney Taylor, Contributing Writer
Camille Turner-Mason
Editor-in-Chief
iRock Purpose Blogspot
Contact: camille@thepurposewithin.com

1 comment:

  1. Good point! It’s our choice whether we live carelessly or carefully and protected. I’d like to quote a line from the ever famous Invictus – “I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.” This means that we are in charge of our own. If we fail to protect ourselves, then it’s our own fault. Being proactive against identity scammers is the best solution to the crime.

    Annie Valdez

    ReplyDelete