Get FIT Logo

Get FIT Logo
Discover the New You!

Friday, August 21, 2009

Responding to Adversity

A man should never be ashamed to own he has been wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that he is wiser today than he was yesterday. - Alexander Pope

I believe that our greatest strength is found in how we respond to adversity. As a man, I’ve noticed that when adversity and challenge appears, my first response is,

“How can I fix this?”

Whether the desired solution is for me or for someone close to me, I’ve come to realize that my first response must be one of TRUST. Trust that the One that created me has orchestrated divine control and order for good over my life.

My second response has been to ask more questions beyond, “How can I fix this?”

Here are a few questions that have helped me through times of challenge to see beyond the mystery of my obstacle and into the faith of my promise.

· What outcome am I committed to for this time in my life?
· What actions will I take to shape the life that I desire?
· How will I respond when circumstances don’t shift immediately to what I desire?

Times of stretching and faith seem daunting and pose our greatest challenges. There comes a time that we must stand and simply admit that we are having trouble.

Purpose: Do you remember being in school? The teacher would give instruction that if you ever needed help, raise your hand and he/she would be there to lend a hand. When life comes at you, will you just accept what is given or will you create a new reality that is born from determination and desire?

Action: Raise your hand for help. I am compelled to believe that God is just waiting for you to ask and in turn, will be there with the provision that you need to see joy through the adversity.



August is Filled with Joy!
Get Inspired!


Kenneth Turner, Contributing Writer
Camille Turner-Mason
Editor-in-Chief
iRock Purpose Blogspot
Contact: camille@thepurposewithin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment