Get FIT Logo

Get FIT Logo
Discover the New You!

Friday, August 14, 2009

What's on Your Joy List?


People who live the most fulfilling lives are the ones who are always rejoicing at what they have. -Richard Carlson


I remember writing wish lists as a child that were filled with items I was sure I could not live without. These lists were always composed around my birthday and as time grew closer to the date, the wish list would get longer and more detailed. Proudly I would present it to my parents hoping they would purchase all of the items I longed for. My parents did the best that they could with my wish list and I would recieve at least one or two of the must have items. To my dismay, it always ended on a disappointing note because of the lack of things I recieved. Looking back I have often wondered what would have become of those birthdays if I would have been grateful for what I did recieve.


The older I got the more I realized that wish lists often bring disappointment and heartache when they aren't fulfilled, so I decided to compose a Joy List instead.


A Joy List is comprised of things that you are thankful for. It helps to create an atmosphere of joy when it seems that disappointment is all around.


Below is my Joy List (the short version):



1. My Family

2. My Friends

3. Knowing my Purpose

4. My Gifts and Talents

5. My Survival of Circumstance


It is much better to take an account of what you have as opposed to longing for what you lack.


Take time today to write YOUR Joy List, look to find things to be grateful for, when you do that, you will find it easier to walk in Joy.





August is Filled with Joy!

LISTEN LIVE @ BLOGCAST RADIO
www.blogtalkradio.com/The-Purpose-Within
Date: August 20, 2009
Time: 9PM CENTRAL
or BY PHONE - Dial-in: (347) 857-4883
Space Is Limited! Call In Early!

Cost: FREE!

Get Inspired!


Camille Turner-Mason
Editor-in-Chief
iRock Purpose Blogspot
Contact: camille@thepurposewithin.com


No comments:

Post a Comment